Saturday, October 25, 2008

Things to Do

(inspired by Lisa)

make a good pot roast • create my own “When Harry Met Sally” story • work abroad for a good cause • draw a thoughtful comic • create a reproductive health presentation that is relevant to medical students • blow bubbles by the river walk • grow a vegetable garden • finish a commentary • make a paper crane in less than 30 seconds • slide down a snow-covered hill • yell on the top of a mountain • roast marshmallows on the beach • dance around a bonfire • get at least one person out of homelessness • hold my own private shadow puppet show • look less stupid dancing • plant flowers and keep them alive • safe, controlled explosions • cartwheel in public • learn Spanish and French • get a dog • get a bike and use it • more traveling with friends • learn at least one song on guitar • call Lisa more • be car emergencies competent • get away with crazy eye makeup or lipstick • be able to recommend restaurants to others • recognize 3 constellations not counting the Big Dipper • identify poison ivy with confidence • save a life • make that tousled knot with my hair • be punk for a day • match make a good friend successfully • space out on a roof • visit a Eurotrash club and live it • paint my own walls • feel comfortable crying in front of someone • make postcards • invent a strap to keep my shoes from falling off • solve a Rubix cube • plan my own wedding • paint something I would be proud to hang on my walls • write poetry again • stumble around in a strange new town giddy and happy at 3 am in the morning • sail for a week • learn to surf • introduce a friend to the pleasure of fresh crabs • show at least one person the meaning of joy • come up with a hilarious Halloween costume • improve medical education • get a killer LBD • bury myself in sand • make a necklace for someone special • visit my grandparents as an MD • collect old family photos • read up on Chinese history • know what syllable should be in my child’s name, per family traditions • make dumplings for New Years • be less scared of caves • visit a Scottish castle and play a modern day Jane Austen heroine for a day • learn to whistle • host a huge-ass water balloon fight for adults • find vitamin gummies for adults perfect my signature dish • find my signature scent • be better at picking out favorites in general or else come to a philosophy that solidly refutes their value chase a storm • eat ice cream by candlelight during a power outage • spend a week hiking and writing in the mountains • drive a fast car fast and not die • own a custom made outfit • watch the rain eating mac n cheese with my dog • make Chinese desserts • break into dance while at work and not get in trouble for it • make a dirty joke on the sly that no one else gets but I crack up internally with • play Jessie’s watermelon game • hang glide • grow my hair long • learn to French braid • catch fireflies again feel lucky every single day because I should

No comments: