Monday, October 6, 2008

3rd year can really suck the life out of you....


I had a girly moment today and splurged on some earrings and a necklace at Target. (I was partially inspired by Alyson and her impeccable fashion taste.) As I was checking out, however, the cashier innocently asked me where I was wearing the earrings out to. That's when I realized that I can't even imagine the next time I'd have an opportunity to wear such cute jewelry out. I don't go "out" anymore. All I do is sleep, go to clinic/wards, scarf down some lunch, occasionally grab a workout at the gym, and then back to bed again. The few hours I get off once a week, I usually spend running errands. My most consistent extracurricular activity at this point is updating this blog and reading Wired magazine on the john. As someone else once said, "I think I'm getting more boring."

The only thing setting me apart from those happy automaton people I used to find creepy is the fact that I'm uspet about this. But come March? April? Maybe I'll become one of them too! It's a frightening thought....

I've decided I need to take a vacation, or at least, plan one. I'd love to go abroad. There are also some people I'd really like to visit before 3rd year is out, and some weddings I'd love to be able to go to! But for now, I'm taking suggestions on places to vacation, preferably for around or under $1000 (that's for going abroad, mind you, not Las Vegas). Travel buddies, too, are always welcome :-)

No comments: