Monday, November 3, 2008

Random Thoughts I Had Today

After seeing a cancer patient in a pain crisis: Why don't we use pain-perception altering drugs like pregabalin instead of typical narcotics for cancer pain?

After seeing a really bad cervical tumor: Oh god, I can't handle smells.

After Dr. Barnum's lecture on PMS: Maybe it would be good to micro-track my life for a while. What I'm eating, what I'm thinking, who I miss, when I wake and sleep, etc...

After getting home: Why didn't I make small talk with my roommate?? And why am I still not?

After getting onto my internet homepage: Could Obama really be assassinated? How bittersweet it would feel to win the presidency after your most cherished role model passes.

After logging onto Tastespotting.com: Ugh, I can't handle food today. I might have the VRE.

After sitting in bed for a while: God, I really want to leave the country for a while. I still don't feel like I've really lived yet.

After listening to "Transatlanticism": How odd and touching it is that we miss even those things/people that we chose to let go of.

No comments: