Sunday, July 22, 2007

please beware the quiet front yard

I haven't been sleeping so well lately, and I can't help but wonder if it's a symptom of too many thoughts starting to catch up with me. It's funny how ideas and doubts can lurk beneath the surface, like the ripple of a fish deep under the water - you don't even know it's there, but there it is, disturbing your cosmic peace. I could do some yoga, maybe go for a run until I forget about it, but I don't feel like doing that. I don't want to give myself a break. I'd rather just smite the problem at the source. Now if only I can determine what the primary problem is, because I know I don't have the energy to tackle it all. A few preliminary guesses: recent musings on mortality, the visceral effect of seeing an aborted fetus, stress about the upcoming year and the fact that I haven't bothered studying for the Boards AT ALL, men, cousins, my expensive yet unsavory haircut (grr), boredom?

And the year is just beginning - boy oh boy....

No comments: