Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Science of Sleep"

Just watched "The Science of Sleep" with my sister. It was a strange movie, and it made me feel strange afterward. Sometimes, I feel as if my life, too, has been a series of miscommunications, misunderstandings - luckily, the result is not so tragic as the main character's. I thank the stars I'm not THAT messed up.

24 has been a tumultuous year for me. I feel, once again, that I am on the edge of a precipice. I am well on the way to becoming someone I'd be proud of. But I often feel vulnerable and unsure as well, and every now and then, I feel all my teenage insecurities tumbling upon me. I wonder what picture I present to others? The few times I've heard myself described, the image has always surprised me. Could I be that un-self aware? How can I - someone who thinks through all her actions - end up so different from her plan? Have I been executing the wrong version of myself all along?

It's very confusing. Perhaps I will disavow this particular post once I reach a more normal hour in my sleep cycle.

No comments: