Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Yaaaaay

I had a really good Labor Day Weekend, probably one of the best in years (I mean, usually, I don't even know when Labor Day is!!).

Friday night, I got back to Atlanta, and watched the Simpsons movie with Lisa. To my pleasant surprise, it was good! I had been really worried that it was going to be overambitious, try to tie everything in, make lots of references to past episodes, etc. Luckily, Matt Groening and crew are smart, and they ended up with a long, yet delightful episode that masqueraded itself as a movie. I would highly recommend seeing it. There are many clever one-liners, and the characters are summed up very well.

Saturday was spent at Six Flags with my sister and friend of hers. We literally were there from park open to park close. Frankly, I don't think I've EVER done that before, just because it's usually such a bitch to wait in the roller coaster lines. But this time, for some weird reason, there weren't a lot of people there - despite the fact that it was a national holiday and everyone had time to go - and we never had to wait in line for a ride for more than an hour (and that was because something broke down). AWESOME.

Thes rest of the week was good family time, and I am so glad I went back. I feel much more relaxed, and even though I was totally unproductive the entire weekend, I am more ready now to tackle Test #2 and whatever other challenges med school throws my way.

Finally, to sum up this post, a music video Blast from the Past!! I heard this on the way back to Augusta, and I couldn't help but recall how much I freakin'' LOVED this song. Funny how some things change and some things don't...



No comments: