Sunday, August 19, 2007

this one's for Lisa

In my undergrad years, my little sister told my parents I was "going wild" so she could pull off some stupid shit of her own (you know, smoke crack, have sex, or whatever it is that 12 yr olds do nowadays). That, of course, was a total lie as I was so tame in college my former roommate found occasion to talk about my homebody-ness with her mother a few weeks back. Med school, though, is a different story. It's MUCH more fun, even if I'm still only at 30% on the "Risk-Fun Scale" (as in, maybe I'll touch the funnel and check out a few asses while tipsy).

I'm not sure what the point of this digression is, except that it's 2 am, and I hate Mark Johnson for posting Vice.com on his facebook profile, forcing me to become more addicted to the pop culture crap-n-commentary that's slowly dissolving my brain.

ps, TIME mag ran a piece on " child geniuses" this week that more or less sums up what I think about them anyways: Only douchebags consent to be interviewed and say things like, "Well, I'm so smart it's no wonder other kids are jealous." Stop it. You don't see Hawkins wheeling around telling people he's the shit, do you?

No comments: